Staging is about appealing to a broad range of buyers and creating an image of a lifestyle. Buyers need to be able to imagine themselves living in your house.
Here are some staging tips that can help your home sell.
1. A Thorough Cleaning: A good cleaning includes shampooing carpets, removing stains, and scrubbing the bathroom. The daily basics mean having your family's things put away with the dishes and laundry done.
2. Declutter: Clutter can be one of the most distracting aspects of showing a house. Instead of a buyer focusing on the unique details of a room, they focus in on your nick nacks. You don't have to toss your items, just put them away for now.
3. Neutral Colors: It is much easier to imagine putting your mark on a neutral room than it is to imagine yourself living in someone else's Caribbean paradise. Paint is relatively inexpensive. Play it safe and pick out neutral tones.
4. Furniture: Large, oversized furniture can makes rooms look smaller than they are. So can to much furniture in one room. This can create the image that your home is actually smaller than it is.
5. Proper lighting: Good lighting makes everything look better. Be sure all rooms are well lit, including laundry rooms, garages, and closets.
6. Repairs: The majority of buyers aren't interested in a fixer upper. They want homes that have been well-maintained. You may have to spend a little time and money to fix broken doors, drawers, and windows. Buyers will notice every loose board and trim piece. Fix things before you start showings!
7. Dining Area: You can really make a room pop by setting a formal place setting. Outdoor dining spaces also look great set with placemats, chargers, and proper plates and glasses.
8. Bedrooms: Boutique hotels do a great job of making bedrooms feel luxurious. You can do the same by updating your bedding and having a liberal use of pillows.
9. Fresh flowers: It's all about things smelling fresh and clean. Flowers add life and fragrance to a room!
Staging can make your home stand our from your competition. It may mean the difference between selling and not in the current market.
All The Best,
859-372-8019 Direct Line
Buyers and Sellers wanted. Referrals Appreciated!